But one issue is still totally undecided and needs to be solved soon: What do we call that FESCo and Core Cabal successor? The "E" in FESCo until now stood for Extras, but soon Extras will vanish due to the merge. So hat do we want to call it? Suggestions that came up:
- FTC -- Fedora Technical Committee
- FTT -- Fedora Technical Team
- FET -- Fedora Engineering Team
- FEDCo -- Fedora Distribution Committee
- FESCo -- Fedora Steering Committee
Please participate in the discussion on fedora-devel. Thanks!
Ohh, some backgrounds for the proposed names:
- FTC -- name clash with Federal Trade Commission. A bit bad, but seems some people don't care much about that.
39 meanings in total on acronym finder
- FTT -- "Failure to thrive (FTT) refers to a baby or child that is not
developing as well as desired." 12 meanings in total on acronym finder
- FTT -- Field-Effect Transistor 24 meanings in total on acronym finder
- FEDSCo "Federal Employees Distributing Company (Co-Op)" 2 meanings on acronym finder
- FESCO-- Fedora Steering Committee is to easily confused with the Board, thus probably a no-go
- 42 -- The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything
P.S.: For those that missed it, I'm not FESCo's chairmen any more (but still a FESCo member) since last Thursday -- After doing the job for one year I felt that it's time for me to hand it over to someone else with fresh blood and new ideas. Brian Pepple is FESCo's interims chair now and I'm sure he'll do a great job. Please help him as good as you can -- and always keep in mind: You don't have to be in FESCo or any other committee to to help improving Fedora!